The US Army Heritage and Education Center is a one-of-a-kind facility, committed to preserving the past and informing the future. Home to over 3.6 million documents, books, photographs, maps, and more, the USAHEC has one of the largest military history collections in existence. While we at the USAHEC are thrilled to be able to offer public access to this incredible body of knowledge, we are also a “closed stack” archive, meaning all items must be pulled by staff. To get the most out of your onsite research visit, we invite you to familiarize yourself with our updated guidelines; your informed participation in the reservation process helps us ensure your access to materials and availability of space. We look forward to your visit!
o The library is open M-F from 10:00 am – 4:30 pm.
o The online reservation process is compatible with Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome; Microsoft Edge may not have full functionality.
o We are unable to support walk-in research, please visit https://usawc.libanswers.com with inquiries.
o Reservations must be requested at least 1 week in advance to ensure access to material.
o Patrons may request up to 14 boxes of archival material OR up to 20 books per day.
o Copies and scans of material may be available for a fee - https://ahec.armywarcollege.edu/documents/FeeforServiceSchedule.pdfo
Instructions to Reserve a Space
1. At the bottom of this page, find the date of your desired reservation using the "Go to Date" or Arrow Keys to the left of the date.
2. Select the type of Reservation you would like to make.
- Book Pick Up (For USAWC patrons requesting less than five items)
3. Click the green rectangle next to your desired time. The rectangle should turn yellow, and your desired date and time will appear at the bottom of the page. If these are correct, click “Submit Times”.
4. If you would like to make an additional reservation, repeat the previous steps until all desired appointments are listed. Then click "Submit Times”.
5. If the time/date is incorrect, click the garbage can icon directly right of the listed reservation to begin again.